Want to shower with hot water every morning? Like your coffee hot? A water heater is what you need!
A water heater is a household appliance that heats water for bathing, cleaning and other purposes. Homeowners have installed water heaters to provide hot water since the late 1800s. Up to this day, water heaters remain an important part of most households.
What are the different types of water heaters?
There are three main types of water heaters: tankless water heaters, gas water heaters and electric water heaters.
- Tankless water heaters do not use a storage tank to store heated water; instead, they instantly heat water as it is needed
- Gas water heaters use natural gas to heat water
- Electric water heaters use electricity to heat water
How to choose a water heater?
When choosing a water heater, you will need to consider the following factors:
- Size of the water heater- the size of the water heater you need will depend on the amount of water you need to heat at one time
- Type of water heater- tankless water heaters are generally more expensive than gas or electric water heaters, but they use less energy and may provide longer life spans
- Location of water heater- water heaters should be installed in an area that is accessible for maintenance and repairs; they should also be installed in an area where the temperature will not drop below freezing
- Climate- water heaters in colder climates may need to be insulated to protect against freezing
- Budget- water heaters can range in price from $100 to $1,000
How to install a water heater?
water heaters can be installed by a professional or by the homeowner. There are a lot of companies that do water heater installation in Salt Lake City. If you are installing the water heater yourself, you will need to follow the manufacturer’s instructions.
How to maintain a water heater?
water heaters should be drained and flushed every year to remove sediment and corrosion. The water heater should also be inspected for leaks every year. water heaters that are not properly maintained can increase your energy bill and may shorten the life of the water heater.
How to know if water heater needs cleaning?
water heaters may need to be cleaned if water is not heating properly or if there is a loud noise coming from the water heater. If the water heater needs to be cleaned, you will need to shut off the water supply to the water heater and disconnect the power supply. The water heater should then be drained and flushed.
How to clean a water heater?
water heaters can be cleaned with a water hose or a bucket. The water heater should be flushed until the water runs clear. If the water heater has a sediment build-up, you may need to use a brush or a scrubber to remove the sediment.
How to fix a water heater?
water heaters can be fixed by a professional or by the homeowner. If you are fixing the water heater yourself, you will need to follow the manufacturer’s instructions.
What are the common problems with water heaters?
The most common problems with water heaters are water leaks, water not heating properly and strange noises coming from the water heater.